Monday, January 27, 2014

イチゴ狩りや食べ放題。Strawberry Hunt and the All you can eat.

6:40 left Ihouse for Nagoya station. Ate some Pokemon Melon pan (bread)

Ihouse -> Hongo -> Nagoya.

9:00 Caught bus into the mountains.
 - bought some headphones quickly


- was amazed to see mountains with snow as I had no idea that we were going somewhere with snow, let alone the "Japanese Alps" 


 11:00 Arrived at the Whiskey brewery got a tour around to see how they produce it , tried some and it was delicious. Nice start to the morning.
- driving in we saw monkies
-  they had apple juice which was local produce also.

















11:30 All you can eat shabu-shabu  (click the name for an explanation). There was so much food that I could only eat 3 plates of the finely sliced meat.

 - Ate a special milk ice-cream specific to that area for dessert.


 12:00 One of the most amazing experiences of my life so far. Picture this, old Japanese shrine in the mountains dedicated to pets it seems, nestled in a beautiful forest with some of the tallest trees you have ever seen, snow on the ground and covering the trees and shrine...it begins to snow.

Snow in the forest shrine!

This place is honestly one of the most amazing magical places I have ever been. Though many shrines have that gentle feel, the evident reminder of  how precious our pets are in that they offered "omamori" protection and blessings for pets, warmed my heart on that cold day.
Lin-san and I
             This dog -------->
Was rumored to be "god-like" and thus is connected with the shrine. This is why the shrine encourages the owners of other god-like dogs to use the shine cemetery.

Also reminded me of a very special bear-dog back at home. Thank you Alex for being such an awesomely fabulous and loyal friend.

Hope I will be able to show you this shine some day. 



The snow on the moss and those beautiful tall trees really were a sight to be seen. If I can, I would love to visit this shrine again.





 1:00 Ichigo-gatari. We all rushed in to the massive greenhouse, were given a cup for the leaves, then let loose to munch as we pleased. Must have eaten at least 30 of the largest, most delicious strawberries that Japan has to offer.















   Alex and I sang "What Does the Fox Say" as we danced and ate strawberries. He is the teacher from China and is awesome fun.

  3:00 Wagashi - Japanese traditional sweets. The emphasis was on apples, though I managed to find some tasty anko and conpetou which is the stuff that Chiharu throws to the soot sprites in Spirited Away.


4:00 Home time.
- Lin-chan slept on my shoulder and we chatted about life.
-was super super full. 

6:00 arrived back at Nagoya station.
- Went to the cosmetic store with Lin and Yuka
-  Nagoya Dome to take Prikura. (pictures soon)
- bought new manga.



Big shout-out to my little sis Ainsley who apparently has been reading and enjoying my blog. Hope you are well and best of luck with your examies. Also, please show my blog to Granny if you can as I know she would love to read of my adventures.

Much love to you all,
Senti

No comments:

Post a Comment