Wednesday, January 22, 2014

花好きなんだ

花 = Hana = flower
華道 = kado = flower arranging  (otherwise known as ikebana)

 

This week we used tulips, sweetpeas and cat's paws (not sure what they are in English)



My second flower arranging class today and after a long morning of Japanese speaking and reading practice, it was so very nice to relax. The picture to the left is printed on the sidewalk before you cross and says "stop". Very appropriate for this post I think as any chance I get to actually stop thinking as I do during kado when I just feel, may be rare from now on.


  盆栽
 

After kado I went to the home center to buy a vase for the kado, however I instead became quite fond of this ume bonsai. It's name is Cy-chan.
 

咲ちゃん



Before I left the airport, my wonderful friend Cyanis gave me his wooden bracelet and told me to "stay grounded". Cy-chan and myself will hopefully blossom this year and will grow together though various experiences. I placed a small Kaworu Nagisa figurine at it's base as he is very dear to me. 


ポケモン
Finally something for my fellow Pokemon fans. Japan has many Pokemon themed treats, and this is just one of them. Japan has so very many tasty treats to enjoy as you can tell from my pictures, however the Pokemon ones are possibly some of my favorite.

Was sad to see that the Pokemon Center that was previously at Stage 21 is no longer there. :( However wherever you go in Japan, you will always find Pokemon

 友達 - friends

Making friends in Ihouse has been very pleasant and I look forward to the next 6 months with these people before a new wave of students come.

宿題 - homework

Lots of homework. There is a particular teacher called Suzuki-sensei that gives out an abnormal amount of homework compared to my other teacher. The breakdown of my class marks reveals that homework accounts for 10-30% of my mark, so it is important, just not pleasant.
Lots of small tests coming up, most of them for kanji . I hate kanji.


遊び - play

Going on that strawberry hunt on Saturday. Some friends wish to go clubbing, but I spent my extra money on Cy-chan, so I cannot go.  Much of my lively strangeness from home can be expressed here as everyone is strange in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment