Thursday, January 9, 2014

Arrivals 到着

 I`m in Japan again!


飛行機 plane

CAN-> MEL = 7.5
MEL -> SIN = 5
SIN -> NAG = 8


Food was decent, managed to score a window seat on all but my final flight which was super empty so I scored the middle 4 seats to myself. Second flight I sat next to an Italian lady and her daughter. The daughter`s first language was Italian and her English was limited, though we managed and her mother said that her sister was going to have twins and she would suggest the name Belinda. ^-^

40 hours no sleep

到着 

After managing to catch all three of my flights on time I was met by Miano from Aichi Shukutoku Daigaku. She took me to the university and gave me a short introduction to the university before showing me to my room. As you can see, I have my own fridge and my room has a massive window.





Went with another student to buy necessary items for Japan.

- futon
- umbrella
- drinks
- Ethernet cable





レミの家

My host sister Remi contacted me once i got my computer set up as asked if I wanted to come over for dinner with herself and Etsuko (her mother). Etsuko is an amazing cook and made 季節料理 (seasonal cooking) for me. The colours used for New Year are red and white.

- 豆(beans) for wellness
-レンコン
- 栗

Remi and Etsuko are going well and I hope to see them again soon. To get to their place I need to take one bus (20 min) and three 地下鉄. (underground trains - 15 minutes)


今日 Today 

Today I slept until 1am (Because I really needed it). My futon is super warm and super comfy. From 1:30 I had an orientation where I was shown around the University and told more information about various things also listed in my Information Booklet.

After that I went to the electric store and convenience store and bought an adapter for my computer as my computer ran out of battery yesterday and I could not charge it. >.<

At the convenience store I bought a ticket for an Evangelion lucky dip and thought i had wanted the Kaworu figurine, I got a notebook instead. Shall try again next time for sure!


It's super cold in Japan, so please make sure you add Nagoya to your weather apps and think of me while you are enjoying your lovely warm weather.

明日 tomorrow

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. In the morning Waking up at 9 I have an interview to decide my Japanese level, followed by a trip to city hall in the afternoon to complete part of my application to stay in Japan. No doubt it will be a full day and I hope will all this stress there will be no tears.

お金 monies

Cash card works at shops, but will not allow me to get money out at an ATM. :( NAB card also will not work at any ATM. I have expenses to pay, but I can't access my money. Thankfully I have some cash on hand from my family, though it won't last me long. Rent is due soon, though I am going to keep trying ATMs until I can withdraw the money I need.




3 comments:

  1. Did you not bring your regular bank card too? I found I could withdraw money at the 7/11 International ATMs when I lost all my cash a few years ago.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Belinda!
    It's great to see you're back in Japan again.
    I hope it is a great one for you, I can't wait to hear about it.
    Also, will you still be using facebook?
    I sent you a message on their with Gem's and my new address but i think it went to (other), because facebook wont let me add you >.<
    Anyway, have a great time!!
    --Your personal kaworu picture supplier :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess - Yes I bought my normal bank card and have tried multiple convenience stores, though I was still unable to withdraw monies. Now I can withdraw money from the Post Office. :)

    Nakura - Yes I will still be using facebook, though my main posts will be on here. Please send me more pictures of Kaworu and if you wish keep up with my blog. There shall be lots of Kaworu on here hopefully.

    ReplyDelete