Sunday, January 19, 2014

熱田秋葉山, Book Off や刺身




熱田秋葉山 (Atsuta Akibasan - temple) was the second main attraction for the day. It's still rather new and features three massive lanterns, two bells and the gong that you can ring. The incense was very pleasant.

I especially like the crest for this temple of the larger flower with the two coming off the side, again on that royal purple. Maybe I will make a personal seal.


Chestnuts and Book Off



Bookoff = Super cheap anime, manga, book, CDs, games and figurines. 

It's like heaven...for nerds. 







Speaking of heaven. Found this Kaworu Nagisa figurine that I really wanted to buy. Shall wait until later in my exchange to think about it as he is rather expensive.

I love Kaworu Nagisa. <3




Oh Crepe!

After Book off Remi and I went to her favorite crepe store. The store is semi-famous as it was featured on a Japanese television program recently.

I had a red bean, icecream, cream and green tea crepe as they are hard to find outside Japan. It was delicious.


Sherlock Cafe


Recently Remi and I have been watching a lot of BBCs  Sherlock Holmes with Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock. Remi had heard of a cafe called the "Sherlock Holmes Cafe", so we thought we might go check it out.


The food was tasty, though rather expensive. Atmosphere was the main pull of the place and the china-wear was also rather impressive as it was in traditional English style.

On the way to the cafe we passed a junior school which had posters like this, each of them portraying an animal in peril. The polar bear one reads "who will save us". Although reading them made me rather sad, I was comforted by the knowledge that the kids here are being taught abut their ability and almost obligation to look after this work and the creatures in it. Stark contrast to Australia where the government denies any human impact and does nothing to stop or lessen the effects we have.   
 刺身Sashimi 

Finally Remi asked if I would like to come back to her place for dinner. When I arrived I learned that her mother had received a fresh box of seafood including fish, sea cucumber and squid. Remi and Etsuko were gracious enough to share this feast with me. I'm so lucky that I got to enjoy some of the best sashimi in Japan. The sashimi was of extremely high quality and were it to have been bought from the shops, would have been extremely expensive.

I'm such a lucky person, my adventures are truly amazing and my experiences humbling.Hope you are all well and look forward to my aventures next week when I go on a "Strawberry hunt"
                                              
                                                                                                                             Much love to you all,
                                                                                                                                                 Senti

1 comment:

  1. Sherlock cafe??? I didn't know that was a thing! Where is it?? Also, another Book Off? Me and Em go shopping at the one in Sakae like every weekend. =] Where is the one you went to?

    ReplyDelete