Monday, January 13, 2014

Calm before the storm

The initial novelty of Japan is wearing thin and the reality of a year of intensive Japanese studies is creeping in.

The past 2 mornings I have woken up feeling a little worry-sick and it's like I am disappointed to be waking up here instead of Australia where things are much simpler. Could be that fact that people keep telling me things are going to be extremely difficult, but I must admit that I was a little jealous of Alex who left yesterday bound for Australia. Alex had completed his year here and attempted level 2 of the JLPT, which is what I wish to do. You need to be either tough or smart here it seems and I am neither. 

I will try my best and not give up, though this is going to be a challenging year. 

Wish me luck friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment