Saturday, May 24, 2014

動物園 Zoo

お決まり
This morning after 4 hours of tangled sheets and dreams, I woke with one wish.Going to the zoo.
7:30 looked to be bringing a perfect day with sunshine and almost no clouds to threaten rain.

Hair washed and exercise done, was out of Ihouse by 9am, had my 一日常証券 (daily ticket) and arrived at 東山動植物園 (Higashiyama Zoo)  by 10am. 640yen saw me in with Sky Tower included.

First up were the cranes, primates and wolves. They had Timber Wolves, though they did not look nearly as happy as the one on the beach. The highlight of this area were the Capybara , Prairie dogs and Brazilian Baku. In Japan, the spirit Baku is said to eat dreams.


スカイタワー Sky Tower

Chatted with a young boy about Pokemon briefly before getting into the elevator.
7th floor was a 360 degree view of the Zoo with Nagoya surrounding.
9th was the restaurant.

Lunch was a selection of pasta, pizzas and salads, drinks and cake.









 Sipping my Rosehip and Hibiscus tea, eating my cakes (Cherry Tart, Chocolate sponge and mousse and Cheese cake) and looking out across Nagoya was a pleasant feeling that I hope to encounter again. 











 Was feeling on top of the world and super relaxed. Won't you share a tea with me next time?



Next were the crocks, reptiles and turtles. The lizards are ever fascinating, especially those marked basilisks and the amphibious newts and salamanders are always a delight to see. " It's adorable" said one lady to the corn snake. No Australian crocks, though there was a rather impressive Alligator.



No pictures of the nocturnal mammals, though I assure you there were Fennic Foxes and I spent a good few moments with my face pressed to the glass.



 Today was hot and no other animal knew it more so than the polar bear. Looks like he would love some ice and snow.



狸様はどこだろう?Tanuki, where are you?

Traveled to the kids section for a stamp to complete my collection, though noticed that the tanuki were also housed there. I waited....and  waited....and...well..just gave up. Gotta love those tanuki.

Walked straight past the Koalas, hopped past the Kangaroos, laughed at the Kookaburras and didn't lift a feather to wave to the Cockatoo. Love you guys, but it's only been 5 months for gosh sakes.

Lions and tigers and bears (and snow leopards) . Oh my!. Always feel a little sad for the bears as they seem to be kept in some of the most uncomfortable looking enclosures.



Elephants, rinos giraffes and my mother's favorite deer.

One last trip past the gift store to grab some little things for you all and a new plush. Still deciding on a name for my new Baku, though it's sure to eat all my dreams and find them rather sweet.

Home, showered and writing. Now you are up to date with my day. Today was fantastic despite going alone. Next time I would love to take you to the zoo with me.


There is mail on the way for a few of you, so please keep an eye out for it in the next week or so.
Please ignore the return address as it's wrong, instead use the one on my blog. 




 Tomorrow I'm playing dressups with Gretchen and Emily o.0  Not sure what this entails, though i'm sure it will be fun.

 秋 - Touch of Autumn

My dear friends Alex and George,hope you enjoyed your Aki feast. It looked absolutely delicious! You honor Japanese culture with your carefully prepared and fabulously presented dishes. Alex, there is a small gift your you in the mail, though it may take a few weeks. Sending my love to both of you at the time of this glorious feast and hope it is/was well enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment