Sunday, May 18, 2014

海に近い (渚)

Shin Tracey. The legendary bar.


Ever since that charismatic Norwegian John first uttered it's name, Shin Tracey has become a legendary place in my mind as well as in the minds of the other students of Aichi. Last night we celebrated the company of Justin who will return to America on Tuesday after finishing his year in Japan. 4 people from Ihouse were joined by 10 others from various Universities around Nagoya.

Beginning with Wadas*, we went for a Bouken** which was followed by a myriad of other delicious alcoholic beverages and finished off with some Kahlua Milk and one last sneaky Bouken for my drinking partner Skookum from Woolongong. Caught the final bus at 10:40 and sleep in my own bed, while the others continued to party and "slept" in a kareoke booth.

This Just-in,

Justin shall be dearly missed. He is my main buddy when it comes to having adventures, be it a midnight walk or a simple trip to the "combines". We talked about Pokemon, Evangelion, Dragonball/Dragonball Z and everything gaming. Even though I did not get to spend the full year with him, Justin has become one of my closest friends at Ihouse and I shall be very sad to see him go, though happy for the chance to have met him.

Justin, thankyou for listening to my frequent 悩み(winging) and always being willing to accompany me on walks and to the コンビ二 (convenience store). You are a true friend!

 *Special drink created by John and named after his favorite baseball player. They contain Spiritus along with some other ingredients known only to the barman and John.

** "Adventure" in Japanese, though also the most delicious drink at Shin Tracey with a watermelon flavour.

渚くん - Nagisa-kun - The seaside


Went to the beach today with Gretchen, Emily, Justin, Laura and Garrett.

Today started slow. We woke at 12, met at the station then caught a Meitetsu to Shinmaiko beach. Made sure I had my hat, sunscreen, long sleeves, pants and my parasol. There was not a cloud in the sky and the wind turbines were whirring away. The perfect day for the beach.

 Today continued slow. Sitting on the sand and looking out across the water. Finally able to relax knowing that exams are over, I drew patterns in the sand from beneath my parasol. This is the life. My a new friend Amko's dream is to create a forest cafe.

"I dig my toes into the sand.
The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket."











Alerted to the presence of a large dog, which turned out to be a Timber Wolf , I wandered over and was able to pet and take photos with a majestic creature. This is the closest that I will get to a Dire-wolf from Game of Thrones and it was rather a highlight of today.

Made this face because he licked my cheek. <3






































"I lean against the wind, pretend that i am weightless and in this moment i am happy."
Sunlight gentle on my face and breeze blowing my hair until it looked wild and untamed. Freedom.



Today ended spectacularly. Sunset, not just rainbow but appearing with rays resembling a giant eye. Afternoons like this remind me of Japan's flag with the red sun and I can easily understand it's connection to this often breathtakingly beautiful country. Sunsets in Japan always put my mind as ease and this one was definitely no exception.


This-evening ended deliciously. Laura has asked what we should have for dinner, to which I responded "miso katsu" as Justin had never tried it. Above Nagoya station is a restaurant that makes the most delicious miso katsu I have ever tasted. After the osusume (chefs special), my tummy is full and I am very happy.

Dessert was a maccha latte and a choc chip scone from Starbucks. 



"The world's a roller coaster and I am not strapped in.
Maybe I should hold with care,but my hands are busy in the air."
 Wish You Were Here - Incubus.

Goodnight world and may tomorrow bring a day even half as pleasant as today. <3  Love to all and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment