Wednesday, April 2, 2014

桜咲く - Sakura blossom.

咲いているよ!!!!
Sakura is blossoming!!!!

 Hanami - Part 1 Monday (Will go tomorrow and Sunday also)
Was originally going to see the sakura at Nagoya castle on Sunday with Emily and Gretchen, though the weather was unpleasant and rainy, so it was changed to Monday after classes finished at 12:30. 

Monday I left class  and promptly ran home to get changed into my lolita outfit (the blue one with Alice in Wonderland print by Baby The Stars Shine Bright) and my circle lenses.

 Arrived at 名古屋城 - Nagoya Castle early and found my way out of the station and straight to the nearest sweet handmade food which just so happened to be sakura-motchi. It was 200円 and rather delicious. Would you like some? 



Strange though kind old man who I met when I first exited the station, lead Gretchen and Emily to where I had wandered off to.
   
- Outside the castle the selfies began. Took my most perfect selfie of all time during this photo session. 

Bought some takoyaki then paid my 500円 to get into the castle grounds.
 桜 - Roads lined with blossoms swaying in the wind. Seas of pink and white against the brilliant blue sky. 



Had the privilege of entering the newly constructed section of the castle buildings. The lavishly decorated wooden building with gold and black ornament smelled almost as good as it looked. Each room with walls decorated with their own theme and each of them just as intricate and lavish as the last. Could have spent all day in there, though the tide of people moving through meant I could stop only long enough to take a few photos.

 







 





 

 





  

The buildings great worth was clearly evident and it felt like I was walking on smooth cool golden floors.

 
  






 Outfit collaberation. 



Emily was the sakura and I was the sky. 

So many beautiful things in this picture. 
- lolita dresses
- sakura
- two beautfiful women
- friendship. 








Just a perfect day.



Picture perfect post card image



Senti, sakura and Nagoya Castle.
名古屋城 ー Nagoya castle      Always wonderful to see Nagoya castle and though my favorite things are always the view from the stop, giant golden syachi (killer whale) and helix staircase (yes, there are two stair cases that spiral), the opportunity to see some of the traditional wall hangings from the original Nagoya castle before it was destroyed by a fire, was valuable.
 


The use of colour in this flower wall hanging was so perfectly done.


This elephant was a little unnerving as the style of the time depicts it almost grotesquely to my eyes.


 Helix staircase and view from the top.
  

シャチ

Golden killer whale - the symbol of Nagoya-jyou because of it's association with water which is the neutralizer of fire.

After running into the man who led my friends to me in the morning, he offered to take some photos for us.
Shall I compare thee to a sakura blossom..


- As the sun began to set in the land of the rising sun, the sakura basked in the final rays.


The sky began to fade to a deeper blue, the lanterns were lit and the people began to return home.

I reflect on what has been possibly one of the best days in my existence.

This day, this chance, this place, these people, this feeling. Noting will be able to lessen it's beauty.

Sakura blossom only for a few days at the beginning of spring. It's a reminder that sometimes beautiful things do not last forever, though things can be beautiful again if you can just hold on though winter.

I now see why sakura feature in so many love songs.
愛している。

 
 Dinner was at an Izakaya and dessert at Mister Doughnuts.

The lion is named Pon and his Pon-da-rings are the best!




 Will be going back to Nagoya Castle tomorrow, so am charging my camera for more photos. Hoping to have a video night when I get back to show you all the photos that I did not get to post today as there are many.   
桜ーEnjoy the beauty in each day.                                                                  愛 Senti

No comments:

Post a Comment