Saturday, April 19, 2014

期末試験の時間割 Exam timetable for Finals

From here on out, in the lead-up to my exams, I shall be busying myself with all things necessary to complete this semester and thus may have limited time to chat. However, I would appreciate any encouragement and support during this time.

Timetable for turmoil 
Let me confess my Coolish addiction

Wednesday 7th May 

9:30~10:30 Listening/Dictation 20%
11:00~12:30 Grammar 25%
13:00 4,000 word report due.

Thursday 8th May

STUDY!

Friday 9th May 

10:30~12:30 Conversation 20%
13:30~15:00 Kanji

Monday 12th 

10:30~12:20 Speech.

Happier Days 


On a much more pleasant note, I went for a walk through the mountain trails and surrounding neighborhood today.  There truly are many wonderous things to discover in Japan, from hidden mountain shrines, to the plethora of flowers that I have never seen in Australia and the fascinating balance struck between nature and civilization .

Japan never ceases to amaze me.

On an empty suburban block there is a garden.

 It is filled with orange trees and sakura, along with a number of other purposefully planted trees and accidentally accumulated weeds (which can sometimes be equally interesting). The garden is overgrown, though there is a barely visible path through. Taking one last look back to the predominantly grey and black, stone and steel houses along the street, I step into the net of grasses.

Wandered for a while and took photos to show you all, though you should know how much this contrast strikes me. I remember hearing of how some blocks in Japan are intentionally left free and shared as collective commons for the neighbors.

Japan never ceases to amaze me.



Hoping all enjoyed Easter.
Was sad to have missed this Easter with you all, though I did buy a block of Cadbury chocolate at the super market which I intend to nom as an attempted replacement for those delicious Easter eggs.

Thanking you all in advance for any love and support you will offer me over the coming weeks.



Shall leave you with an image of my latest kado creation and a line from Mika - Any Other World
which is rather special to me currently.




"I tried to live alone but lonely is so lonely, alone
So human as I am, I had to give up my defenses
So I smiled and tried to mean it to let myself let go"




No comments:

Post a Comment