Thursday, February 13, 2014

塩寂しい

塩は辛くないけど、まだ舌を痛みする。

Hellos peeps,

As many of you know, recently I have had some bumps in the road. Exchange is, contrary to what many of you may have thought, almost exactly as I had anticipated. Lots of study, with lots of adventures.

So far my experiences in Japan have been (terrific). Both positive and negative, all become a lesson.

Cultural observation

Japanese culture varies quite a lot from Australian culture in that it is much older, deeply ingrained and for the most part unchanging. Or at least it was. While the youth of Australia attempt to fathom the multiple cultural influences of the young country, the youth of Japan struggle with culture also, though in their case it's not a question of how to build, but what materials to use.

On a less serious note
- My helix is infected..very infected.
- Starting to eat healthier - salads and fruit. (I now like strawberries)
- Going for more walks (moonlit)
- Drinking more tea (matcha and Himalayan Sherpa Tea)
- iPhone refused to work, entered recovery mode, took it to the Apple Store - fixed.
- bought a headset and mouse for my computer
- Spring break is over - homework has started
- speech went well (Did not cry)
- want to read more manga, especially Norigami and Momochi
- loaded my Manaca card with $100
- exchange rate sucks
- going to pay rent tomorrow
- had takoyaki on Monday
- made strawberry and chocolate pancakes again (Delicious)
- Paws and Nuki got my letters and were pleased.
- not feeling as lonely now I'm back at University

Tomorrow

Tomorrow peeps, I am going to make Japanese tea cups. They said I can make as many as I would like in the allocated time and they have a range of colours. I plan to carve a fox into each and do my best to make as many as I can!!

 



Kaworu is still waiting for Shinji-kun underneath the Ume tree. 

Kaworu waits, 
The delicate flowers bloom
As love itself
Like winters final flowers
 まだ会いましょうね。



No comments:

Post a Comment