Tuesday, February 4, 2014

耳見る人やまめまきもちマスク。

This holiday is...marvelous *spins around*           豆撒き

9am I met Justin downstairs and we traveled to Osu Kannon for the Mememaki.
 On the way I realised that I'd not eaten breakfast, so I purchased some tea, and as it's rude to drink/eat while walking, I convinced Justin to stop for a moment so I could sit to drink. Sat down next to a really nice elderly lady. (Enter the first 祖母ちゃん(grandma) chat). This lady had been everywhere it seemed. Chatted about her visits to Australia and America. She especially loved my cat ears.


3,000円 later I was maki that mame!! Even got a special mame maki outfit to wear for the bean throwing. People stand under the platform and try to catch the beans.

Shall save the lengthy explanation, though basically the mame (beans) which you maku (throw) are good and scare away demons so you can have a pleasant year. For those who wish to read more about Mememaki and Setsubun, please click HERE.



(Enter 祖母ちゃん(grandma) chat No.2).Loved my cat ears and wanted to tell me how their son went to Australia and they are heading to New Zealand soon. They were a festival volunteer and wished me a happy day for mamekami.

たこ焼き
Takoyaki time + was introduced to a shop FULL and I mean wall to wall, of lolita, cosplay, wigs and accessories called Body Line. HERE is link for their online shop. Originally I had found a dress that was perfect, only they did not have my size, though I did end up getting a blouse from there later in the day.

   狐 Fox!             
Within Akamon the temple is spread across multiple streets and this has various sections away from the main temple. One of these is what appears to be a shall shrine..that had kitsune. Almost went crazy at the sight of the wonderful creatures.

 They had kitsune plush you could purchase with various blessings from the temple, this is Ki-chan and it's blessing is for love. <3 <3 


Maid in Heaven

First trip to a maid cafe!! Maidreamin was such a fantastic experience. I had a turtle parfait and got to watch one of the maids dance.I intend to go again after the Cat Cafe. Facebook link HERE.


Went to the arcade and took Pricura with Emily and Gretchen! Shall be sending some of them to some of you soonish. There was even an arcade where they would lend you outfits to take pictures in. I was a Christmas maid, though the outfit was chyou mijikai!!!

 Lamenting over my failed attempt to buy a lolita dress earlier in the day we continued browsing...then I found it! The perfect dress! 
 Blue and white with Alice In Wonderland print, from a good brand, for a relatively cheap price!


Finally finished the evening with dinner with friends. Such an awesome bunch of people and I was glad that I got to spend the day with them. Here's to more adventures in Nagoya!


(Enter 祖母ちゃん(grandma) chat No.3)
After saying goodbye to her friend a few stops after I got on the train. she invited me to sit next to her in one of the only free seats. We got talking about her daughter who moved to Sydney and almost got married , what animal year we were born in, how she was a drama teacher and what I was studying, She thought my ears and my bag were especially cute. ^_^ When she left I waved goodbye and knew I had made a friend even if only briefly.

Thus we conclude that 3/3 kind Japanese grandmas that I randomly met and chatted to today, approve of my cat ears.

Bus fair, the fair bus driver. Was short 100円 for the trip home on the last bus....
bus driver said "just pay next time" and let me on.

Today was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment