Monday, July 7, 2014

Senpai noticed me - Adventures with Remi

Saturday - Table tennis and shopping - Kame-chan, Remi and Senpai.


After a good night out with Laura, Jeeon and Emily, I woke early to meet with Remi before taking the train to Gifu. Lunch was had before table tennis where I met her friends Kame-chan and senpai ( Taka- kun). I'm not very good at table tennis though despite being super shy, had a go. ^_^

After table tennis we all went shopping and Kame bought Remi a new outfit for her birthday, which was last week. As by this point it was clear that the night would have to be spent at Remi's, also bought some pants to vary my outfit from the previous day. ^_^ Had Starbucks then dinner before Senpai drove us back to the station and I found out that he enjoys 80s pop. :D So many natsukashii (nostalgic) songs.


Sunday - Ise Jingu and Toba Aquarium - Remi and Senpai


Did not sleep very well, so after mentioning that I would love some coffee I went to sleep in Senpai's car...only to be woken by senpai at a Starbucks. They made a caramel macchiato instead of a latte, though I'm heiki (chilled).

 
 As we were walking along Senpai explained aspects of the shrine such as at the main shrine you must show reverence to god and cannot make a wish as you can at other shrines. 
 

Though there was another section further on in the grounds for wish making (hope mine comes true) and a large tree (though not a god tree as at Atsuta Jingu), which got a big hug from me. ^_^ Senpai does omairi (temple visits) 4 times a year, always to Ise Jingu so he knew where was good for lunch and kakigouri (shaved ice). Senpai likes going for drives and it was wonderful to see the scenery of Aichi-ken and Gifu-ken.
Then senpai took us to the Toba Aquarium!!!!!  

We all enjoyed the fish, though the surprise capybara right in the middle of the aquarium was rather surprising and I'm still baffled as to it's placement there. 

 Remi wished to see the killer whales (which unfortunately there were none) and Senpai was looking forward to the sea otters (completely in love with these creatures). Highlights were the Japanese Oblong crab, sea otter, coral reef tank and probably the octopus in the touch tank. 

 
 Spending the day with two wonderful people was also a highlight and I hope to spend more time with both of them soon. ^_^ My purchases were two sea angels (one is coming your way soon Nuki) and a completely adorable sea otter.

Senpai was kind enough to take Remi and myself back to Nagoya by car despite having to spend quite a long time in traffic and it raining the whole way (He really is a wonderful person). On the way we discussed the naming of my sea otter and senpai suggested I call it "Senpai", so I did.  

We had udon for dinner, though my dinner was miso katsu (miss it yet Dad?) before Senpai took us home. Was rather worried because senpai had to travel all the way back and it was still raining, so I asked if perhaps he could stay at Remi's, though apparently that is not the done thing in Japan.  :( He sent us a message to say he got home safe and sound. お疲れ様で先輩。Hope to have many more adventures with Remi in the future and possibly see senpai again. ^_^.

Was meant to travel to Agui today, though it was 10am by the time I reached Nagakute and there was tidying, packing and homework to be done. Fell asleep until 2pm. :( Shall go next weekend instead. ^_^.






Please enjoy this image which is my favorite from the day. I'm aware that the quality it not the best, though I enjoy the composition of the jellyfish.

The Kiss 

Blissfully floating by these two jellyfish happen to touch, their bodies delicately folding to meet one-another before returning to their dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment