Thursday, July 31, 2014

General notice board.

 望見 - Adventures


Due to difficulty in finding hotels, have decided not to attend the two festivals up north and instead save the money for when a certain tanuki and a certain aunt come to visit early next year. ^_^ Looking forward to the adventures ahead.


 Adventure to the Handa Planetarium to see a presentation connected to 銀河鉄道999(Galaxy Express 999). After a short presentation about the stars visible in the night sky in Japan, the film began, projected onto the massive dome.


The story had the famous Galaxy Express train plunging into the heart of the dying supernova Betelgeuse after being effected by a massive solar flare. It was educational with regards to the process of star death, though seemed to neglect some vital laws of physics. Overall it was entertaining. 

Went on a short adventure to the adjacent library following this to read kids books, though the clip was by far the highlight of the day along with teaching children to swim that morning.



 Went for an adventure into Nagoya today after thinking the charger for my Bose headphones had been lost. Went in to order a new one, however after having a better search of my room it was found. My beloved headphones are my favorite travel companion. They will not let the noise of the busy trains and streets keep me from wonderful journeys into my memory and imagination.

 Speaking of adventures, tomorrow I shall do omairi (going to pray at a temple) with Mum, Dad and Nanako then we are going out for dinner. ^_^

新しい - new (and recovered)


First of all is my new reindeer hat which was purchased on a trip to Osu Kannon. Can't wait to wear it for my trip to Hokkaido and trip to the snow once back in Canberra. Only someone as strange and quirky as myself can pull off looks like this.

Will have 21 new friends from around the globe come September. Was chatting with Yoshida-san about all the wonderful new people who will be coming next semester and what countries they are coming from.

New contact lenses. They are 14.5 mm circle lenses in Vouge Violet and shall be worn daily from now on so as to become my new eye colour. I still retain the red and blue ones for special occasions.

 Finally returned home to collect my things
- hair brush
- favorite tooth brush
-  iPhone/iPad double charger
- extra manga
- shower cap and shower scrubby thing (what are they called?)
- hand towels

祝い - Celebration


Last night was Laura's birthday and we went for nomihoudai (all you can drink) in Fujigaoka. There was food in the deal also though it was a set menu of nibblies. After eating little the whole day, the alcohol took me almost instantly. My favorite drinks for the night were the maccha milk cocktail and the kashisu and grapefruit cocktail and after trying them my friends also agreed that they were the bst drinks on the menu (apparently possess the ability to know the taste of drinks never tried)  

No comments:

Post a Comment