Friday, July 11, 2014

失敗は成功の母

Soundtrack to today's blog: Saltwater Room - Owl City

Blogs are good for a great number of things. Firstly they can document your successes, though in them is also reflected your failures. This week in Kanji class the phrase

"失敗は成功の母” 

Caught my attention. "Failure is the mother of growth (success)" for this reason.

As the friends made last semester return home one by one, the feeling of loneliness creeps in. Have been trying to fill my days with interesting activities, though ultimately some discomfort is unavoidable. Just need to keep reminding myself that new friends will come to play soon.

Recently thanks to some controlled eating and exercise my weight has come back down from 80kg to 74kg which was my pre Japan weight. This lack of food and thus lack of energy has left my brain lacking in many cases and poor decisions have been made, though the phrase above reminds me that what is done is done and we must learn to grow.

Looking forward to some upcoming events including a Summer Party on Saturday and going to my host family's place to stay from Sunday. Okinawa is also coming up, though with this star on my leg it's doubtful anyone will see me in by bathers. 

Club is going well and I look forward to getting to know the members better. More on that in future chapters. Speaking of chapters, finished Noragami chapter 10 and Momochi chapter 3 and am loving them both very much. ^_^



Please send hugs and love. Just as the typhoon of last night cleared to reveal a blue sky thismorning, so the storms of now shall in time, pass to reveal a brighter tomorrow. 
"
'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life"
Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

2 comments:

  1. Love that song by Owl City <3 

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by star, I hope you mean a tattoo or drawing cuz if not I'm gonna yell at you

    ReplyDelete