Sunday, June 1, 2014

狂言

狂言 = Kyogen

 Today I went to see a kyogen play at the Nagoya Nohgakudo with Laura. There were 5 sections and each had an individual theme and costumes. Although there were many words that I did not understand as they spoke in old Japanese, being a play the stories were relatively easy to follow. 

It was a very enjoyable experience and I will go again to view some of the more famous plays.



 They tried to make me go to Japan, but I said noh noh noh.  

This mask is Onryo-kei from Japanese Noh theater, a style that developed along side Kyogen.  



Chou à la crème

Laura introduced me to and recommended these chou cremes on the way to Book Off. Mine was maccha and it was delicious! Have one if you come to Nagoya, ne!

 

友と思う

So this happened. As I was coming home I saw a group of students on the bottom floor of Ihouse and it turns out that they are all studying English or International Studies and many are considering exchange. Was wonderful to meet them and I hope to see them again soon.

 
Yes, that is a new outfit fresh from Osu Kannon... just from from Body Line. What do you think?


Also, I wear Liz Lisa now.

Looking forward to when my parents come to Japan and it's only a matter of days now.There are so many awesome things that I will need to show them both around Nagoya and also Tokyo. 

Tomorrow I will attend the Dinosaur exhibition in Sakae so I shall let you all know how that goes. ^_^ When I first began learning Japanese, it was Appatosaurus who kept me company through those lunch breaks when everyone else was off being a teenager.

I love my dinosaurs. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment