Saturday, December 13, 2014

誕生日おめでとう - Happy Birthday.

This year my birthday was mixed.

After receiving my birthday present of the most incredibly amazing headphones ever to exist, a pair of Bose headphones (currently wearing them) super early from my parents, the two cards received on my birth-day, one from my parents and the other from Auntie Chris,Uncle Les and Grandad, were welcome though felt somewhat lonely.

However...

Spent my birthday first in class, then headed into Sakae. After collecting my Happy Birthday eeveelution ( chose Glaceon), my Pokemon Birthday crown to signal the staff to all wish me a Happy Birthday and limited edition birthday card, went to post my Christmas and New Years cards, then to Cafe Renard, the Fox Maid Cafe. Ordered their special sponge cake and got this fantastic image drawn before my eyes.

Received a fox stamp from Tonje and a fox handkerchief from Tonje and Mio. ^_^ These really cheered me up as, while it's understandable that sending gifts from overseas is expensive, not receiving any gifts on your birthday is not a good feeling.


Was pleasantly surprised by Luke English (Facebook stalk him) upon returning home from University and finding a beautiful single pastel pink rose, chocolates and message had arrived for me. This man is such a sweetheart and could very well rock my universe. He definitely spared no expense in making me feel special and loved on my birthday.

Thisevening the generous people of Ihouse held a dinner party for me. ^_^ Made miso yaki nasu (which is an acquired taste it seems) and there were some wonderful dishes which were enjoyed without reserve thanks to stopping my diet . Miyuki made pumpkin pie upon my request and she made me one just for me.


Some wonderful people also remembered to message me on Facebook despite my birthday not being listed. ^_^ Many thanks to these people and it's a pleasure to have you in my life!

So, not so bad really. Just wish you got what you give sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment