Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mind your salaryman-ners.

HUB

Finally made it to "Hub" a bar that I had often heard about where gaijin meet and Japanese people come to interact with gaijin. Usually my friends would attend the one in Sakae, though this time Justin's friend Tom took us to the Nagoya hub. Met with Justin, Emily and new friends Tom,  Ukyou and Tatsuya at Nagoya station.





Hub did in fact have a lot of gaijin from various countries and I was able to meet new people such as Manabu, who has a passion for classical American cars, and Shinji-kun who is studying at Aichi Shukutoku to be a primary school teacher and enjoys sports.





After Hub we went to Kareoke where the real fun started. Ukyou and Tatsuya went home, though were joined by three more people including a New Zealander.

Initially we had hoped for the kareoke bar in Nagoya, though it was too expensive, so we went to Sakae, though on the way, at midnight, in the Sakae train station walking down the stairs who did I happen to meet but Mayu! My host sister from my third host family from 2009! Got her number, though my phone does not like it so I shall endeavor to find another way to contact her.

Arriving at the JoyJoy in Sakae, we booked our room on level 4 and quickly went up. The New Zealander kept holding my hand..then told me he was trying to pick me up. o.0 Dafuq.

Highlight

Naked...saleryman..ice...fight.
Around 2am, mid song, our door opened to three people, one fully clothed, the other shirtless and the last completely starkers. Upon closer inspection the floor of the room they had come from was covered in crushed ice. What even? They kept yelling at each-other in the hallway and there was a lot of pushing and shoving which seemed to escalate a number of times before the group appeared to have been kicked out completely.
 
Not an actual depiction of the incident , though these are salaryman.

Back to my booth..

Some of the people in the small crammed dark booth insisted on smoking and as the night/morning dragged on it became apparent that they intended to sing until the 8am deadline.

I looked across the hall, noticing the room across from us still had it's light on and lacked the booming music of the other stalls. Peering in I could see three people with blankets over their legs as they sat on the tatami mats watching the words to the One Piece theme scroll. I took a chance, opening the door and asking for clemency, hoping for some small mercy in the busy goings-on. Megumi and Shou-chan had only met that day at a wedding, and the third person in the booth, a young man was already sleeping.We chatted about anime for at least 2 hours, then took our sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment