Friday, March 14, 2014

妻籠や馬籠


 Today I went to these two wonderful old Japanese towns in the mountains of Japan. It was a wonderful experience and my teachers had me keep an eye out for the message boards, main hotel and strategic curved back-road street.

Shall not go into depth, though each had beautiful scenery and I was able to find some gifts for a few of you wonderful people back home. Please enjoy the photos below from each place.


妻籠 -つまご- Tsusmago


















We were able to go inside the three story Japanese hotel. It was incredibly cold, though they had tatami mats, this wood fire in the middle of the main entrance area, elaborately decorated everything! (Including rooftops, roof tiles, structural beams of the house and walls)





These were mounted on either end of the roof. I really like the contrast of the pictures.


















It was freeeeezing in this tatami room, though the mat was heated. Please, whoever I end up living with in Japan, can we have a room like this?





One thing I love about traditional Japan is the way that people and nature seem to have struck a balance. Because the materials were borrowed from nature, if something was not used, it was reclaimed.
 馬籠 -まごめ-Magome




 Lin

Rin

Syorin
小林
Berin
ベリン

 Such a beautiful view and I love the sticker graffiti on this temple hand washing tub.
 

 These are all my friends from Ihouse minus the boys. They are such a wonderful bunch!!


Finally, I was able to make mocchi between going to these two places. The way of making it was rather simple and I was able to make two mocchi balls. I think I made them well.


 林や鈴
小林やべ鈴 

WARNING!!!!

Next post will be about the Honen Matsuri. If you are sensitive to images of large or excessive numbers of penises, please skip my next post. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment