Tuesday, November 18, 2014

抹茶タイム

So today instead of Kado, we had a tea ceremony like last semester. Unfortunately my yukata was left at my host families place, though the borrowed green one also seemed to suit me well.

This was the first time using the new chawan purchased in Kyoto on Sunday and you will notice that it has an Autumn theme to match the season. The chawan is a fairly standard make in Kyoto, although the maker is definitely of Kyoto and is authentic. ^_^ Looking forward to using it in Australia also were there to be an event worth getting it out.



Was wonderful to enjoy drinking maccha with my friends, the sweets were also delicious as always ( anko is the best) and there is much anticipation for next week when we will again be having green tea, although the wearing of yukata was this week only. 

Seiza is always difficult, though there were people having more trouble with it than myself which gave me hope of letting my legs slip to the side a little to a position that was more comfortable.

We look wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment