Wednesday, August 27, 2014

友達いっぱい。

New friends from around the globe arrived over the past 2 days. From Indonesia, Germany, Norway, Italy, Slovakia, China and Korea they came. Fantastic new friends each with something wonderful to bring to Ihouse.

Monday 25/8 - Takoyaki party with Japanese friends. 


Roughly half a month ago plans were made for a takoyaki party. Here are my friends (left to right) Kazuki, Azusa, Arisa and Chiaki.We had a fantastic time making takoyaki and much fun was had in general.

Originally it was only going to be the 5 of us, though with 6 new exchange students the number doubled. We did not mind at all. ^_^



Was my friend Arisa (red jacket) birthday so in the absence of strawberries to make a strawberry and white cream sponge, we bought blueberries and made a blue blueberry sponge cake. Was at this time that the girls began to call me "leader" because it was my idea to decorate the cake in this way.Such a sweet evening.



Tuesday 26/8 -Welcome Party with new students. 

 

Today was the official Welcome Party for students coming into Ihouse. Today 10 new students arrived from various countries. Yesterday was my first time making rice in the cooker by myself, though one of the tutors helped a little. Today the tutor was not needed. Yoel (Indonesia) helped me make the second batch (such a sweety) and we put some special beef filling from Indonesia into the middle. Andrea (Germany) has her kitchen space where Laura had hers. Michal (Slovakia) finished my song lyrics during dinner.We were trying to learn a phrase in Chinese that started with the notoriously difficult to pronounce "Dzu" and we simultaneously thought of the song Du hasst mich-Rammsein. He also let me try some of the alcohol that his grandma made (hard core grandma) and seems like an awesome guy. Tomorrow Tonje (Norway) who seems super sweet, and myself are going to buy her a futon from Karma Home Center.

Usually takes me a little longer to get to know the Chinese and Korean students, though there is one boy from China who seems absolutely adorable (mustache shirt). The Korean who came today does not look as much like a K-pop idol as Ho-san said (though I know little about K-pop idols).

Looking forward to more events with these wonderful people!.

No comments:

Post a Comment