Saturday, August 23, 2014

夏の最後の祭り - Last Festivals of Summer.

From now on out the schedule gets denser, hectic though somewhat thrilling.

望見 Adventures 


Yesterday was the Nagoya City Science Museum. Waited from 6am until open at 9:30 to buy tickets to the first session of the worlds largest platinum. My favorite section was when they zoomed right out from our solar system to view the entire Milky Way galaxy. Getting the feeling my mind is made for space flight. The cloud chamber and mini controllable rover similar to Curiosity also peaked my interest.


Blurry but it's the best shot I could get. The thing is massive!





Also had the opportunity to enter the Deep Freezing Lab, experiencing the -30 degree room and touching ice from both poles. My jacket reminded me of Vash the Stampede and when exiting the -30c room noticed that the lose strands of my hair had frozen. Interesting.


My main reason for attending the Science Museum was to see the Dragon Ball meets science exhibition, though without a Japanese cellphone and with my limited Japanese my learning through this exhibit was also limited. They did however have an Android 18 that definitely wandered into uncanny valley and an opportunity to hear a special transmission from King Kai's planet (gosh I'm a nerd) along with limited edition merchandise for the event.





  Ka-me-ha-me-haaaaaaaa

 

 

 

Went to help my mothers sister with her classes today and met some delightful children across four classes and age ranges. Spoke about myself, Australia and things enjoyed in Japan in both Japanese and English as well as playing some awesome games such as fruit twister, What's the time Mr Wolf and Scissors, Paper Rock.

Tomorrow starts early to head to the dorm on the other side of Nagoya (1.5 hours) then the airport for the Pokemon Summer Festival, followed by the Tokonameyaki festival where they will have various ceramics famous across Japan. Only having $50 for the day means that there is little chance for purchases which is rather unfortunate, though see how we go.

The following day Mum, Nanako, myself and another girl are going to yet another festival before heading to an onsen in the afternoon/evening.

Monday will be spent carrying some of my belongings back to Nagakute in preparation for moving back at the end of Summer Holidays ( please no! ) Then making something for a friend before having a takoyaki party in the evening at Ihouse.

発見したこと Discoveries.


Discovered the scent and taste of honey. Went on a shopping spree to Lush after purchasing their Honey I Washed The Kids soap a few weeks ago. Now my hair is washed with Fairly Traded Honey and American Cream, and my lip balm is Honey Trap.

Discovered the most delicious maccha lattes today. Seriously, best on the planet. Cannot wait to make them for each of you, though Taka and Nuki you are both top of my list. You don't add sugar because it's got honey! (right)

 Discovered that when you purchase the last ticket for the special lucky dip at the convenience store, you get a special gift. In my case it was a figurine of my beloved Kaworu Nagisa. (right)

 Discovered the taste of handmade soumen as my mother's friend made it for us and delivered it. So thankful to be able to experience things such as that.This host family are extremely kind to me.

Managed to discover the department store where my textbooks for the Japanese Proficiency Test N3 in 2009 were purchased and thus was able to purchase three textbooks to begin study for N2. Study begins from the beginning of next month along with classes.

Yet to discover the new friends awaiting me at Ihouse, though really looking forward to meeting each and every one of them. Shall tell you all about my impressions of them once we meet.

There are so many things forgotten on this blog despite my best efforts to remember. Recently the adventures and discoveries have been coming thick and fast and there is so way to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment